WAVE CHURCH ENGAGEMENT LEAD
Deadline For Applications
17th June 2022
Wave for Change is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We want our organisation to be representative of all sections of society and assure all applicants that
we will not discriminate by gender, race, colour, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, or age
WAVE Church (WAVE stands for We’re All Valued Equally) - accessible and interactive monthly meetings where people with and without learning disabilities enjoy leading and worshipping together. WAVE Church is one of the initiatives promoted by Wave for Change, which encourages and enables the creation of mixed ability worship and social groups in the heart of communities. WAVE Church is a Fresh Expression linked to St. James Muswell Hill. We are looking for a confident, personable, and organised person. Someone who is excited by our vision and the prospect of taking people on this journey toward having more inclusive communities.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
• Coordinate an established volunteer team to run monthly WAVE Church services in Muswell Hill
• Develop relationships with churches and individuals who are interested in starting their own mixed-abilities ministry, with support from Wave For Change (across London and beyond)
Job Title: WAVE Church Engagement Lead
Location: North London – Home-based
Part of: A self-managing team
Main Purpose: Promoting and enabling more mixed ability worship places in communities. Ensuring that WAVE Church Muswell Hill continues to be a place that encourages this.
Hours of work: 24 hours per week – Flexible apart from the Second Sunday of each month 2.45pm – 5.45pm (WAVE Church set-up and meeting time at the Methodist Church in Muswell Hill).
Salary: £27,000 - £31,400 per annum (pro-rated) plus expenses
Holiday: 25 days per annum, plus public holidays (pro-rated)
Reports: Existing Volunteer Team; Admin support; Other relationships: Liaise with Head of Community Ministry at St. James Church; the Methodist Church in Muswell Hill; Wave for Change Director, Co-Founder and Trustees; other WAVE Church groups.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• To ensure all who come are treated with equal dignity and respect, in line with the vision, mission and values of WAVE for Change.
• To oversee termly WAVE Church Muswell Hill team planning sessions, ensuring that we share the gospel in a way that is simple, interactive, visual, applicable to real-life experience and fun
• To interact, pray with and envision our mixed-ability team
• Comply with all London Diocese operating policies and procedures, including health & safety and safeguarding policies
• Be the point of contact and develop relationship with any churches/individuals enquiring about WAVE Church – this may require some travel around the UK
• Encourage enquirers to use the Wave in a Box resource to support development of any new WAVE Church groups
• To contribute to WAVE Church social media and promotional communications
• To maintain links with church partners as well as Diocesan contacts
• Collate stories of success and failure to inspire people
• Undertake any training or personal development as required
• Any other duties reasonably requested by the team
• Ministry/volunteer role that involved sharing the bible
• Volunteer team building and management
• Developing partnerships/community networks
• Experience of befriending or working with individuals with learning disabilities
• Well organised
• Ability to build trust with and engage diverse groups of people
• Good with IT (PowerPoint); Strong presentation and communication skills
• Creative problem solver
• There is a genuine occupational requirement that the person appointed is a Christian - we are ecumenical in reach
• Passion for inclusion
• Team player
How to Apply
Send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your covering letter should make clear why you are a suitable candidate for the job, with detailed reference to the Job Description and how you meet the key criteria.